Ford Ranger regular cab suggestions. Only door speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

ryan2022

Hi guys,

I'm looking at upgrading my Ranger that I just bought. It's a 2011, with the regular cab and only the two door speakers. It's currently a basic AM/FM radio.

I'm looking at either two 6" two way speakers in the doors and a 10" low profile sub to put behind the seat, or under it. I don't have a ton of money and would like to wire it directly to the deck if possible.

Otherwise, I'd go with the two 6" in the doors, and two 6x9's behind the seats off of the deck. I'm ok with either.

With such a small cab space, would the two fronts and the sub sound ok? I'm not looking for anything ridiculous, just good clarity and a bit of depth for rock, blues and a bit of everything.

I'm a mechanical guy, so any help is really appreciated!

I'm leaning towards tweeters in the pillars and some decent 6" speakers in the doors. I don't need huge base for what I listen to just clarity. I don't think I want to spare the room for boxes under or behind the seats.

I would recommend getting a line output converter. It pulls signal from your stock radio and converts it into a pre-amp output that the sub amp can use. And i think that the stock speakers should be plenty

Are you using your factory radio?

What is your budget?

Useful suggestions requires useful information.

Head unit, suitable amp, quality pair of components and a decent shallow sub...you will get quality sound with quality components, a good install, possibly some sound treatment in the doors and proper tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.