FOCAL K2P or MOREL DOTECH

I'm in the same boat ur in. I'd say go with the focal k2p. I know someone who can get u a great deal on them. Pm me if ur interested. I decided to go with 2 sets of hertz mlk 165's. I ordering them tomorrow actually.

I like a little bit from both...

The K2P = Very detailed, tweeter is a tad bright but with some good tuning this component set is hard to beat. The midbass response is very nice but lacks a tad in the low end.

The Dotech = More mellow, The tweeter doesn't stand out as much but sounds very natural. This set is easier to install because I think most people will like it without tweaking too much. The midbass gets very low if your door is prepped. Again, some people that listen to metal want that aggressive tweeter...

I'd take the Dotechs for a more natural sound and price break.

I'd go K2Ps awesome SQ for the money. Focal will be replacing the K2Ps with a new set KRX2 in January after CES. They're supposed to be better than the K2P, just a heads up.

Always been a fan of the focal k2p's very good sq and i feel they are plenty on the low end. I mean after all they are a comp. set and do much better than many other brands i can think of in that category.

-B

Ive heard the K2Ps at a tweeter. The sales guy took me to his car to hear them installed. They sounded incredible. Very loud. tight mid-bass, crisp sound. Unfortunately I have never heard any morel speakers. But if you can get a deal on the K2Ps you wont be disappointed.

K2P's. I have loved my Focal Utopia's and now my Focal Be's. On my next daily driver I'm planning on a K2P or I guess a KRX2 setup.
so did u won USACI with K2p? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yeah Focal is pretty good and they're known for their home speakers.

If you likes alot of forward treble and acoustic from drums and guitar , go for it. I'd rather recommend to run active because their tweeter might get harsh if you run with the crossover //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. The midbass is punchy as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

the focal k2p will have a mids bass, brighter tweeter then the morel dotech line.

focal k2p are more in the same class as the morel hybrid ovations, which the morels to me sound more natural sounding

Nope, I've won with the Utopia's and Be's. I hope to get back into it next year and see if I can hold my title as I've had to take the last two years off.

so did u won USACI with K2p? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
yeah Focal is pretty good and they're known for their home speakers.

If you likes alot of forward treble and acoustic from drums and guitar , go for it. I'd rather recommend to run active because their tweeter might get harsh if you run with the crossover //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. The midbass is punchy as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'd rather recommend to run active because their tweeter might get harsh if you run with the crossover //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The crossover has attentuation buttons that can be used to cut the tweeter level by as much as 7db. I kept mine set at -4db, and loved my K2P's...wish I never sold them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.