fix them?? (blown sub and amp)

Participant count
  • Participant list

k_schutte
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
OK, a buddy of mine had a pair of infinity Kappa Perfect subs and a pair of infinity Reference amps, blew noth subs and amps, warranty took care of one sub and one amp (dont know why) so he gave me the other sub and amp (i said i wanted them). he didnte really care cause he replaced them with a pair of Eclipse SW9 titanium 12s and a JL amp (his aunt let him choose between an 03 mustang or $12,000 for a graduation present, obviously took the money)

so my question. any idea on the cost of repairing them, or can they be repaired? i mean they where free for me, so if i can get them fixed for a couple hundred i will prolly do it, if not i will prolly end up just letting them sit i my basement with all my other audio stuff.

pic (thats my french bulldog in the pic... Meka)

depends how extensive it will be to fix them. if its cheap but time consuming id say fix it and re sell it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

sub is not worth repairing... since it would require a Recone....

amp i beleive it can be repaired by KBaudio just have to pay alot...

so it depends to you if you think its worth getting the amp fixed

there are some amp and subwoofer repair listings on ebay, anyone ever deal with them? have tons of good feedback and warranty and they are pretty cheap.

is there a way to check to see if a sub is blown, wuthout hooking it up to an amp? i know most subs i have seen that are blown smell, and make a scraping noise when you push on the cone and such. this has no smell, makes no wierd sounds and moves freely. the amp on the other hand REEKS!!! (sp?)

open the amp up and check it out. i blew my kenwood, the wire runnign from the power to a cap inside melted, bridged it an re soldered, works like new. dunno how long it will work, but for 10 minuts of my time i saved myself 300 bucks when i couldnt afford it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

take it apart check it out, be careful and you wont hurt it nemore then it already is. mine reeked when it was blown

it doesnt make any scraping sound when i push on the cone.

will hooking up a blown sub to an amp hurt the amp at all? i have a buddy that will let me hook it u pto his amp to check it out, but i want ot make sure it wont harm his amp at all

The other day my friend gave me two 15" Rockford Fosgate Subs, 1 of them is torn all the way around and the other 1 has a 3 inch tear; if possible how should i have them fixed so i can sell them and how much do u think i should sell them for?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.