First Recone, turned out so so..

looks like aq finally went with better spiders. put a lil more glue spider to handing can see some gaps in there other than that looks good.

next time use goop on the surrond to basket.

what i normally do on the direct leads is use a small peice of shrink tubing up agaist the basket. i put a small peice n and shrink it, then another layer so it will sit pretty solid against the basket then i CA glue it in place. they never move.

looks good though man. dont even worry about the stuff from the activator. you wont even see it

what i normally do on the direct leads is use a small peice of shrink tubing up agaist the basket. i put a small peice n and shrink it, then another layer so it will sit pretty solid against the basket then i CA glue it in place. they never move.
looks good though man. dont even worry about the stuff from the activator. you wont even see it
Yea once it the box you would never see it any way, but I just like things to look a nice as I can.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif It turned out good so far, going to test it today then put the dustcap on. Just been letting the glue sit..

it came out good man. the dust caps are kinda tricky. little pencil mark around the outside fo the cap will tell you where to put the glue bead.

post up some test vids!

My next recones...

DC LVL 4 motor LVL5 softparts 10" direct leads D2.

RE SX motor PSI Recone, CF Dustcap, 10" D2.

IA Death Row with a Death Row 10" Recone D2 custom dustcap CF Red flat if i can find it, direct leads..

Notice the direct leads I just don't trust my self to do them yet. LoL

Looking for some more motors to scoop up, I like rebuilding them now kind fun. Baskets were kind of a pain due to crappy screws but I put really good ones in there..

Does anyone know if you could use the AQ 18" spacers on a 10" or would they need to make the coil a little longer to do that?

it came out good man. the dust caps are kinda tricky. little pencil mark around the outside fo the cap will tell you where to put the glue bead.
post up some test vids!

Good idea, I need to see if my vid cam still works. I was trying to talk the wife in to letting me get a iPhone 3Gs as it does video and can upload right from the phone would make it really easy. but not sure how it would look.. LoL

nice. my camera isnt the best but i just deal with it.

cool thing about the pencil marks, you cant see them when the glue bead is there. and if you can, itll coem right off

there was a really good one on here....I was subscribed to it but I couldn't figure out how to go back and look at it

Edit: there's one stickied in the subwoofer section but I was talking about a different one

there was a really good one on here....I was subscribed to it but I couldn't figure out how to go back and look at it
Edit: there's one stickied in the subwoofer section but I was talking about a different one
I had a good idea what I was doing besides the activator issue. Most of it learned watching videos on you tube to be honest. LoL There was a good one a guy did a JL or JBL I can't remember, he did a nice job on the video and step. It gives you the general idea a lot of it's common sense though.

I just paid and pay the extra for direct leads so I don't have to solider, I can solider I just rather not take the chance. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

As for the AQ I tested it out today free air on my AB 400.1 worked GREAT not a single issue, dustcap's on and everything looks great now..

good stuff bro //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

I watched Jacob(sundown) do it a couple times. Made it a ton easier watching in person. But ya alot of common sense...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.