FI SSD Subbox

Participant count
  • Participant list

96civ
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm planning on building a subbox for my room (156ft^2-ish) with my FI SSD that I have lying around. I want to port it, and I want it to be able to hit the low notes. I'll be using this box somewhat for theatrical purposes, but prolly more for listening to music. What kind of volume/port area should I have?

Nice and big tuned to the hight teens if your going to listen to it for movies.

If your doing music with it than the box is dependant on the music you listen to.

Sealed is good for all around but you'll have to boost the **** out of it down low to get any decent amount of output for movies

E-mailed Fi, it's been almost 2 months with no reply so I'm coming back to this thread.

Would you say 1.5ft^3 tuned at about 18 Hz would be sufficient? What kind of port area would I need?

I'm probably going to be powering it with 240W, and I'm curious if having such a low tuning frequency would have a dramatic effect on my output. Do you think it will be substantial, intermediate, or negligible?

As far as port area goes I was thinking of just doing 12in^2 by having just 1 4" port with the length I need. Any objections to that either?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.