FI or RE or RD??

s Beatz

Banned
Well I'm plannin to put a system back in my car nothing to major but somthing that will bang, I've got a RF T20001bd. I'm debating between like a 15'' RE XXX or 2 12'' FI Q's or maybe a 15'' RD HW ? What you guys think? I used to own a FI Q and loved the sound quality and stil got real loud so leaning more towards the pair of 12'' Q's.. All input welcome thanks..

Well I think 2 Q's could keep up with a single XXX but i might be wrong never herd a XXX, And i dont know how you were pushin your Q or box or w/e but I loved mine..

The Q's lack output in my opinion. I don't think you should compare the XXX to the Q.. more the BTL. I'll take some RE
XXX being compared to a BTL? Your kidding right? RE MT would be comparable to the BTL

Oh and the Q's dont lack at all! Make sure you have the box size correct and tuning and it will get quite loud. I owned a 18" Q and a direct swap from the MT 18" the Q was much more musical and only lacked in loudness on the upper end 55hz+

XXX being compared to a BTL? Your kidding right? RE MT would be comparable to the BTL
Oh and the Q's dont lack at all! Make sure you have the box size correct and tuning and it will get quite loud. I owned a 18" Q and a direct swap from the MT 18" the Q was much more musical and only lacked in loudness on the upper end 55hz+
I Agree he must have had somthing setup wrong because I as well loved my Q's.. and loved how they got loud and still very musical..

The XXX cant be compared to either of the stated subs, no.1 the RE XXXs are a SQ sub, there not ment to put up numbers, you wont put up that good of numbers with 4" of excursion, there a low hz daily monster, and sound incredible, the Qs from what i have seen and heard, never had any myself are all around a good sub, the Qs hit the lows well while putting up good numbers, and the RD HW is more of a spl sub, not really for the lows, they like higher tones and put up very good numbers thats what there made to do! Kinda depends what you want for a system a low hard hitting heart stopping bass-RE XXX or all around decent amount of SPL along with some good SQ-FI Qs, or if you just want to be loud as hell and meter well-RD HW!

I want to get loud and musical so its mainly between the 2 12'' FI Q's or single 15'' RE XXX sub since both are like SQ subs..

so WHICH you think will get louder off a RF T20001bd ..

I want to get loud and musical so its mainly between the 2 12'' FI Q's or single 15'' RE XXX sub since both are like SQ subs..
so WHICH you think will get louder off a RF T20001bd ..
Just throw RD out of there... because you dont have the power for the RD HW, and stick with what you want. The 15" XXXs if your talking about the new 06-08 versions they love around 3kw plus up to 4kw daily! Seen it done, listened to them with 8kw between a pair, and it was insane when it hit the lows it made your lungs colapse, wasnt just loud to the ear or mic, just the massive amount of low bass that just made the body hurt, the Qs would love that much of power, and would be very loud, the XXX will still be very loud, sound better and you have room for more power if you ever need to! Go with a single 15" XXX!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

s Beatz

Banned
s Beatz
Los Angeles, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from