Fi BL 15" 1600w @ 1 ohm?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jflick092
10+ year member

Work Do'er
Ohio
Would it be ok to power a FI BL 15" at 1600 on 1ohm, or is that to much power? (sub will probably have some if not all of the upgrades, i dont know which ones to get yet or why...) I hear they can alot more then 1000w?

With the cooling option and flat-wind coils..Ive heard no problem! I will be running 2k on my Bl 15 as soon as it arrives with those options //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

With the cooling option and flat-wind coils..Ive heard no problem! I will be running 2k on my Bl 15 as soon as it arrives with those options //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Cool, maby ill try 2k, i dont know. ill probably stay with 1600. What do the P Chamfer and Extreme lead do?

Are you getting daily or spl?

Cool, maby ill try 2k, i dont know. ill probably stay with 1600. What do the P Chamfer and Extreme lead do?
Are you getting daily or spl?

Options Available are as follows:

P Chamfer: This is a chamfer on the end of the pole, it helps to bring the air down around inside of the motor and helps cool the coil better. It also helps relieve the pressure underneath the dustcap. We recommend at the bare minimum to get this option if you choose this series of woofers.

Cooling: Self explanatory, the cooling channels are machined into the inside of the sub to help cool the coil FAR better. But there are some things that you sacrifice. There is less metal inside of the motor so it is a little weaker. If you are looking for a fart/burp only scenario for SPL we suggest that you do NOT get this option. Stick with only the P chamfer. Now if you are looking for a daily sub to beat on and you have 2000+ watts the BTL series is for you.

Flatwind: The flatwire coil option is standard in the BTL.

Daily or SPL: Simply put, if you plan on listening to any type of music you MUST choose the daily option. If it is strictly for a fart/burp scenario then choose the SPL option. The reason we have these options is the gap tolerances between the two are different. The gap in the SPL woofer is much tighter and FAR less forgiving in comparison to the Daily option. The Daily option simply gives the coil more wiggle room inside of the gap to deal with the non-linearity tendancys that you can get into when you are using a sub in a daily driving scenario. Typically SPL applications deal with 1 note and it does not change, therefore we can make the gap much tighter and get all of the motor strength that we can out of it.

Universal: This option gives you the choice to later chance the impedence of your voice coils. You can change from dual 2’s to dual 1’s and vice versa by reconing them. If you do not choose this option your motor(s) will be optimized per the coil resistance that you have chosen. (Dual 2’s will forever be a dual 2 motor, Dual 1 will forever be a Dual 1 motor).

Extreme lead is for SPL only.

I have a Dual 2 Full cooling, Flat wind and universal on its way.

Options Available are as follows:
P Chamfer: This is a chamfer on the end of the pole, it helps to bring the air down around inside of the motor and helps cool the coil better. It also helps relieve the pressure underneath the dustcap. We recommend at the bare minimum to get this option if you choose this series of woofers.

Cooling: Self explanatory, the cooling channels are machined into the inside of the sub to help cool the coil FAR better. But there are some things that you sacrifice. There is less metal inside of the motor so it is a little weaker. If you are looking for a fart/burp only scenario for SPL we suggest that you do NOT get this option. Stick with only the P chamfer. Now if you are looking for a daily sub to beat on and you have 2000+ watts the BTL series is for you.

Flatwind: The flatwire coil option is standard in the BTL.

Daily or SPL: Simply put, if you plan on listening to any type of music you MUST choose the daily option. If it is strictly for a fart/burp scenario then choose the SPL option. The reason we have these options is the gap tolerances between the two are different. The gap in the SPL woofer is much tighter and FAR less forgiving in comparison to the Daily option. The Daily option simply gives the coil more wiggle room inside of the gap to deal with the non-linearity tendancys that you can get into when you are using a sub in a daily driving scenario. Typically SPL applications deal with 1 note and it does not change, therefore we can make the gap much tighter and get all of the motor strength that we can out of it.

Universal: This option gives you the choice to later chance the impedence of your voice coils. You can change from dual 2’s to dual 1’s and vice versa by reconing them. If you do not choose this option your motor(s) will be optimized per the coil resistance that you have chosen. (Dual 2’s will forever be a dual 2 motor, Dual 1 will forever be a Dual 1 motor).

Extreme lead is for SPL only.

I have a Dual 2 Full cooling, Flat wind and universal on its way.
Thanks alot, i was wondering about all that... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Now i just gotta make a box and order sub and amp... lol aka do everything. Im probably gonna start off with the hifonics bxi1608d and then if its not enough ill get the bxi2008d

Should i put this 15 in on stock stuff, or should i probably upgrade the alternator and all that garbage?....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.