Few vids of my MT's

a birthsheet means nothing. The actual power you will see varies GREATLY. Chris i'm sure clamped the amp and thats what the actual output was.
example, my orion 2500d (2500@ 1 ohm) when clamped only put out 1600 or so @ 1 ohm. Kinda disappointing i know.
so your telling us orion and kicker just lie to the customer that these amps put out their rated power?

so your telling us orion and kicker just lie to the customer that these amps put out their rated power?

I think what he is saying is that a birth sheet is measured with a non-reactive load, fixed not like using a sub but a dummy load. This will give you a consistant measureable power but in real world the numbers can and will be different? Polo..

In a perfect world everyone would get their amps rated power all the time.

But we don't live in a perfect world. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Impedence rise, heat, voltage, etc. all play a role in an amplifier's power output.

No company is "lying" about output ratings. It is certainly capable to get power above and beyond what a manufacturer rates their amps for, given the right setup.

In a perfect world everyone would get their amps rated power all the time.
But we don't live in a perfect world. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Impedence rise, heat, voltage, etc. all play a role in an amplifier's power output.

No company is "lying" about output ratings. It is certainly capable to get power above and beyond what a manufacturer rates their amps for, given the right setup.
oh i know that. what i was saying is you said you had an orion that only did 1600w @ 1 ohm.

correct me if im wrong, but assuming a constant voltage...if you burp @ say 45hz and you clamp it and get a voltage reading and a amperage reading and you solve for wattage and impedance and you get 1 ohm AFTER ALL VARIABLES, the orion should put out its 2500w no?

or are you saying you were wired down to 1 ohm on the orion but it put out 1600w due to impedance rise etc?

edit: whoops confused me. i thought this was 15nissen lol. **** team kicker avatars

oh i know that. what i was saying is you said you had an orion that only did 1600w @ 1 ohm.
correct me if im wrong, but assuming a constant voltage...if you burp @ say 45hz and you clamp it and get a voltage reading and a amperage reading and you solve for wattage and impedance and you get 1 ohm AFTER ALL VARIABLES, the orion should put out its 2500w no?

or are you saying you were wired down to 1 ohm on the orion but it put out 1600w due to impedance rise etc?

edit: whoops confused me. i thought this was 15nissen lol. **** team kicker avatars
That part right there is key. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Also, your cars voltage isn't going to stay constant, it's going to dip once you start the tone. Then the sub gets hot, the cabin compresses, and numerous other things happen that affect power output. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That part right there is key. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Also, your cars voltage isn't going to stay constant, it's going to dip once you start the tone. Then the sub gets hot, the cabin compresses, and numerous other things happen that affect power output. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
ahhh, see i assumed that he clamped his amp and solved for wattage and resistance and his final reading was 1600w while sitting @ 1 ohm AFTER impedance rise

ahhh, see i assumed that he clamped his amp and solved for wattage and resistance and his final reading was 1600w while sitting @ 1 ohm AFTER impedance rise
Nah, his nominal load was 1 ohm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nah, his nominal load was 1 ohm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
that makes more sense. i was like how in the hell would orion get away with rating an amp for 2500w if it only puts out 1600.

edit: should add "and still hold a reputation"

tommy i knew that about the testing, but i was speaking as in if it were already in an perfect world. every XXX i seen tested in perfect worlds with sufficent voltage and low ohm load even after rise tested above 4kwrms. but like u said once in an vehicle its totally opposite. so now im curious how did chris test the amp? i know that real world really counts but, it was stated like the XXX wont do over 4kwrms even in an perfect world. but like i said i will be testing this amp myself to see whats really going on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.