few questions about JL 12w6v2

triplea351
10+ year member

nj
hey, new here, have a few questions to ask

i'm planning on getting a JL audio 12w6v2 for my coupe.

1) where can i buy this the cheapest that would still be a reliable website? i'm looking at amazon but it's selling for 340 there

2) what is the best amp i can get to power one of these? jl 500/1v2 slash? jl xd600/1?

3) what would make the setup sound best? for me, i just want loud, deep, clear bass with a good amount of sound quality. ported? sealed? corner loading?

thank you for your time

1. if it is not authorized then you don't get a warranty. if you don't want a warranty, just buy used for the best value.

2. either amp would do fine.

3. sealed and corner loaded is a great place for a W6, always has been.

thanks for the replies.

in general, how trustworthy/well-kept is the "new" B stock from sites like amazon? i just can't see myself spending 1100 on woofer and amp

I would only buy a w6 used, they arent a very good value when you by new. Plenty of other subs out there with as good of sq for the same $ or less. There are better deals on amps too. I just could never justify why people spend large sums of $ on JL product. They are good products, but not worth the new asking prices.

You could also look into the Dayton reference HO 12. They're like $150 or less.

I have had both the w6 and the Dayton and the Dayton has some great SQ, one of the few subs id put up with the w6 for true SQ.

If you're looking more for Loud bass that still sounds good and not an all out sq setup, you have alot more options though.

i dont want bass that just shakes the car, i want good deep clear bass with a good amount of sound quality.. only listen to bass heavy music and ive heard nothing but good things about the 12w6v2 and the 500/1v2 slash amp combo... def not worth the new price but used from amazon it's not too bad. i want highest quality and best bass for an acceptable (not cheapest) price..

i dont want bass that just shakes the car, i want good deep clear bass with a good amount of sound quality.. only listen to bass heavy music and ive heard nothing but good things about the 12w6v2 and the 500/1v2 slash amp combo... def not worth the new price but used from amazon it's not too bad. i want highest quality and best bass for an acceptable (not cheapest) price..
I've owned two JL subs in the past and have blown both of them(ripped the surround). As a result, I moved onto a sub with a rubber one. I, too, listen to bass-heavy music and have an Audiopulse TC Epic that rocks and it's just one 10". I would recommend Dayton or possibly a SA or SKAR. I haven't heard these myself, but lots of people have them on this forum, so they must be doing something right.

And as far as the amp, I find most JL stuff to be WAY overpriced. I bought an AQ1200D off the classifieds and haven't looked back. People are always recommending Audiopipe's line of class d amps, so you might look there.

Good hunting!

look into some diamond audio. i had the jl w7 13 and i think my d9 is more cleaner handles more too. cheaper also. ive also had two sets of jl 12w3v3s 1 jl 10w6v2 13w7 10w3s so i know a thing or two but thats just my opinion

If you want a mainstream company with excellent sq, look at Boston Acoustics product offerings. I have owned many and heard over half of their current line up of subs and I would put any one of them up to JL for each respective model class and expect the Bostons to come out on top 100% of the time. Best part about them is they cost much less than JL but still perform as well or better than JL.

want to step it up to a bnib 13w7ae???? ill sell it to you cheaper than anywhere else //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, and either amp would do fine

i just want clear deep loud bass without sacrificing sq. pretty much all 12" woofers are gonna satisfy that, but i wanted to get the clearest possible bass, not bass that simply pounds and rattles things. i'm willing to spend 300-400 on a good subwoofer.. and i was between the idmax and the 12w6.. just seems like jl makes better products. i haven't heard any setup and i'm not gonna hunt people down to listen to it. i'm just basing my decisions on reviews... and the 12w6v2 seems to fit all my needs.. i'm open to other suggestions but i think i'm gonna go with the 12w6 as of now since i need to order it pretty soon. also

3) what would make the setup sound best? for me, i just want loud, deep, clear bass with a good amount of sound quality. ported? sealed? corner loading?

and finally, is there an amp better than the jl 500/1v2 that would match the 12w6v2 for cheaper? idk much about setting these systems up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.