Experiment with clipping

Do you have bass boost turned on? That could cause peak boosted frequencies to be higher than the 50hz test tone, but that's all i can think of.

Try a different test tone, tho, just to be sure.

well i just went outside and tryed 20 other songs and half of them jumped over the set voltage. so it wasnt the song. this is ******** if u ask me. ill try with a 0db tone...what do you guys think if i hooked a volt meter from my amp full time and ran it up to my dash so i could watch the signal while i was drivin, and the i know if i have to turn it down or not?
No, that idea would not work...

Either get a bigger amp, or turn it down.

bass boost? is that setting on the amp or from the head unit?

i have everything turned off on the amp except the low pass is set around 60 i think

there is a bass setting on my head unit that i turn to 8 which is the highest when i ran the test tone.

No, that idea would not work...
Either get a bigger amp, or turn it down.

what wont work the 0db or the volt meter idea?

why would i need a bigger amp. the sub is rated at 950w and my amp puts out over 1200w

If you have the subwoofer output set to +8db, set it to +2 and use a 0db test tone.

It's possible that the song you're listening to is mastered at a really high volume (approaching 0db) so if you set your gains with sw volume at +2db rather than +8, you can listen to that particular, seemingly freakish cd at up to +2b, and be able to correct the rest of your tunes, which should be recorded between -10 and -5db at up to +8db.

To be super safe, you can set the output to +8 and use the 0db tone as well, although you're going to lose some output with normal music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.