Expedition - Wiring new amp and subs to stock HU?

Participant count
  • Participant list

pbMaxLax44

I am trying to wire up a new amp and subs to the stock HU in my 98 Eddie Bauer Expedition. There was a stock amp and sub but I have no idea how to wire up the new one.

Here is a link to the wires you see in my HU. It is the first one on the second page, that is amplified with the two seperate harnesses.

http://installdr.com/Harnesses/Ford-Wiring.pdf

I am guessing I need to splice the blue turn on wire for the amp to "I" correct? There is already a solid blue wire in that port that's about the same gauge. Since I'm not using the stock amp anymore do I just replace it with my new wire, or does it have other functions so I should splice it?

Other question, where the hell do I wire in the RCA cables coming from my amp, I know I'll have to get an RCA to speaker wire converter but where will the L and R go for those?

I am trying to wire up a new amp and subs to the stock HU in my 98 Eddie Bauer Expedition. There was a stock amp and sub but I have no idea how to wire up the new one.
Here is a link to the wires you see in my HU. It is the first one on the second page, that is amplified with the two seperate harnesses.

http://installdr.com/Harnesses/Ford-Wiring.pdf

I am guessing I need to splice the blue turn on wire for the amp to "I" correct? There is already a solid blue wire in that port that's about the same gauge. Since I'm not using the stock amp anymore do I just replace it with my new wire, or does it have other functions so I should splice it?

Other question, where the hell do I wire in the RCA cables coming from my amp, I know I'll have to get an RCA to speaker wire converter but where will the L and R go for those?
is the amp for the speakers or a sub?

the thread title is new amp and subs.

yes, tap the I wire in the harnes for the factory amp remote turn on (verify voltage with a DMM). this will be the remote turn on for the aftermarket amp.

A LOC will need to be used if your amp doesn't have high level inputs. PAC-Audio has some vehicle specific harnesses and OEM adapters for your vehicle:

Pac-Audio.com Product Search | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

ideally, you'd steal the factory sub signal, or you can grab the speaker outputs to any full range drivers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.