Exhaust question?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TRANSAMCHARGER
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 96 grand marquis and i want to put dual exhaust flowmasters and h-pipes on it. I can get two of the mufflers for 180. My question is can i put mustang h-pipes on it, since it has the same engine. How would i do this and how much to install.

Im not sure if the Mustang H pipe would fit your vehicle....ask the shop that would install it for you(if a shop is doing it). Not sure of installation costs, it varies...and if they need to do custom work...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

As for horsepower, on the dyno you may notice a gain of 2-10hp....behind the wheel, you wont feel a difference.

- Steve

Yea like steve said your not going to gain much HP unless you rebuild your entire Exhaust System, liek Headers, Cats and Mufflers, but as far as that H-pipe, i dont think it will fit i beleve they are 2 different Frame Styles, But i could be wrong too. but i think it might be quite pricy tho the car is quite large in length, which means you will be buying soem extra pipe to make it fit, and if you want HP you will have to go with a 3" pipe. but if your just looking for some loud ass noise go with 2.5" pipeing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.