Epicenter installation question

Participant count
  • Participant list

cjup57

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum but have been on the site many times before.

I recently purchased an epicenter and installed it in my car. i ran the rca's from the subwoofer output of my alpine headunit to the epicenter input and then another set of rca's from the epicenter output to the amplifier. i've seen on the threads that many people say the epicenter will work for hip hop, but whenever i try using if for this kind of music it seems like it cuts out and it sounds distorted. i was wondering if i should run the rca from a different output out of the back of my deck to get better sound. any help would be appreciated.

the epicenter requires a full range signal to perform at its best, if the sub out on your deck isn't full range then you would be lacking some of the potential quality that the epic has to offer

the epicenter requires to have a full-range signal for optimal performance. Becare using the epicenter dont go nuts on knob. All an epic does is reproduce bass not make things louder.

bluecorsica beat me to it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I ran it from my sub output on my HU and it worked fine....you cant use it on songs that have bass already thats not its purpose.

Try it on like Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight non chopped or some other random songs like that....its all i used it for and gonna use it for

thanks for the input guys. another question i have is that i'm planning on running a kicker kq5 equalizer and also installing a kicker zx650.4 and a zx1500.1. these will power polk components and two alpine type r's. do any of you have an idea of how i might go about wiring the rca's for all of this? thanks

I have a similar question but ill try to answer it:

Run from that HU to the Epi than to the EQ than to the Amps....its how i think id run it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.