Enclosure tuning

hard to say a "definate" tuning... for SPL, a burp box is usually tuned above 50hz ... but can be tuned lower.... SQL really depends on your equipment... the TS specs will give you a good reference.

If I have a box tuned to 34 hz, does that mean the sub unloads right below that freq? Like at 33 hz? Or like way below like 27 ish?

Well mine is already at 34. I wanted SQL. But can I basically not play anything below that at full tilt? Or will I be fine until like under 30 hz?

So theres no way to give me an answer? I just want to know if, for instance, a 32 hz note would damage the woofer if the box is tuned to 34.

You are asking very very good questions, but the answers can only be determined upon each design setup. There are no generals, or basics when dealing with the factors of excursion control, and cutoff frequencies without having the specifications of the application known before hand. Not to mention that you have to also think "outside the box" literally.....and understand that even the driver loaded will have an effect on these parameters and limitations you ask of. So, there are answers to your questions, and again....very good questions, but non that can be determined based on only what has been presented so far. SO, to get the answers, you have to have a box idea in mind and what will be going into it at a minimum. I hope that helps!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.