Enclosure Build: Dual Kerf Enclosure for LVL 4XL 12's

mkay box is done guys here is the finished product!

DSCN0633.jpg

looks awesome
how far apart do you make the relief cuts for the kerf
it depends on the size of the radius really. each cut was spaced about 5/16" apart. A total of 12 cuts must be made at the starting point of the kerf to the end point. and just a note to people who are thinking about building a kerfed box, they are extremely simple. Its all about the depth at which you set the blade. to low and when you try to bend it, it will crack, to high and the blade will go through lol. the perfect depth i notices was leave 1/16" of material on the top and you will get zero splitting issues.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Nice work! Looks like you could use a nice assembly table, lol.
HAH! inorite! i have all the ttols to build one but im to lazy :/

**** that is a great looking box! Probably cost a fortune to ship to Indianapolis huh if I wanted one?
not at all $43.82 via fedex ground shipped and fully insured for a box this size

Yeah I tried it once but didn't cut deep enough...kept cracking
yup. thats an issue. dont cut so thin that if you can c the sun glowing through the wood if looking at the kerf through the back. just enough to where its a small glow lol.

just want to note that i received a very pleasing text. in short, he is a very happy customer with how loud the subs get in this box. another +1 for DHD Enclosures

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DonH

5,000+ posts
DonH
So Cal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from