Elemental Designs 10k.14

It is a TC2+ based driver and is very nice. Very much like the TC sounds tc1000. I mean, it is crap, don't bid on it. I want it too! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a ED 10 kv2, looks a little different. Mine sounds very good in a sealed box, but it doesn't get very loud, compared to most SPL type subs and it's a bit of a power hog. Takes about 400 watts RMS to get it loud, which is near it's power limits. While my same 400 watt amp will stomp using my other sub box (with two 12"'s not really a fair comparison).

It's problably good for SQ and you should be pleased, but if your looking for SPL you may be disapointed.

I have a ED 10 kv2, looks a little different. Mine sounds very good in a sealed box, but it doesn't get very loud, compared to most SPL type subs and it's a bit of a power hog. Takes about 400 watts RMS to get it loud, which is near it's power limits.
400w is just getting most subs moving these days.

400w is just getting most subs moving these days.
lol. True, but even without Jiggawatt amplifiers, my 12" Daytons pound much louder with just 250 watts. I know it's cone area, I'm just saying there are louder 10's out there, even in the same price range. Some people buy the ED 10's and then are disappointed by the output. These people then complain the ED's are crap; No, you just bought the wrong sub. Should have bought a SPL sub. I know that the Alpine type R's get louder with the same power than the ED's, but I think the ED's sound better.

two 12's vs. one 10 is like saying a diesel truck is surprisingly more powerful on a gallon of fuel than a civic.

Secondly, the 11kv.2 is a nice sub, bu i shares very few if any similarities to the 10k mentioned by the OP. both nice subs, but besides the shared K name, they are quite different.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.