ED 13av.2

Great Woofer but a true Sub woofer. Cant really cross it much higher that 60 hz or so, but it blends very well with the front stage from that point down and has insane low end. Its made for a ported box and clearly shines there. Nothing spectacular when sealed. I'm sure you could likely find one on the forums for less, but $350 is not bad at all for it.

P.S. its HEAVY 60lbs+

Ugliest subwoofer I've ever laid eyes on.

Probably sounds good, though...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Insane low end. Most ive heard out of any single driver to date. Has a steep roll off though around 50-60hz or so...Make sure you have a beefy front stage to keep up. Also very good for HT use.

Same here blew it in a few minutes with a REvo 1500.1, ED said my amp was broken and caused the problem, but I used it with a kicker 10" L5 and it was fine. ED = not so great service.

Same here blew it in a few minutes with a REvo 1500.1, ED said my amp was broken and caused the problem, but I used it with a kicker 10" L5 and it was fine. ED = not so great service.
They still do that??? I had SO many issues with them in the past, never listen to their rms rating as they are just about always wrong, and if alot of people start blowing them, notice how they will change the rms rating chart on the website quick.

vitveet has some of these brand new he may be willing to part with. just let him know i sent you his way.
Hehe, thanks! Yeah, I have 8 BNIB right now! Going to do 4 in my Extended cab ranger. The 8 sitting here together look VERY sexy I must say!!! Pics anyone?!?!!?

And yeah, I've used a few of these in the past and no, 1500 wts rms rating isn't correct IMO. Gotta be careful with them. Like JayRich said, 1200 wts rms is most I'd say the average person can do to them safely daily. I'll be doing right at 1350 to each of my 4 ported! Should be fun!

Fragile subs though, but CRAZY low end and volume from them ported with 1k plus:eek:. Hanging right with the w713 IMHO!

V.

^^^Not sure what's not to like?!?! Too heavy?!?! Too loud?!?!? Too deep?!?!?!
V.
I think most people that didn't like it just didn't like the quick roll off at 60hz or so, from what I hear.

TBH, I haven't ever had a good midbass setup in my cars so I would have probably thought the same thing.

I grew up with everyone talking about "systems" which meant amp(s) and Sub(s)....that's it.

I probably wouldn't know any better either if I wouldn't have started reading on this site 5 or so years ago.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kfx450r

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
kfx450r
Hammond, Louisiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date