Eclipse AVN52D/AVN5510 or JVC KW-AVX810

Participant count
  • Participant list

mscott1979
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I know i will probably get ran out of here for asking this but which one do u guys think would be the better double din. I know it will probably be the eclipse hands down, just needed some opionions before i make the final decision. Although the eclipse has navigation (which i rarely use), It doesn't have 24 bit D/A converter or 12 bit video converter or even a remote for that matter. And the jvc does have the detachable face, a feature that i really like. So what do you guys think?

Two shops around me stopped carrying Eclipse because of quality problems. I know my last and only Eclipse CD8454 (which was a high end unit when it came out) stopped reading CD's after 2 years. I was considering the JVC for my new system for same reasons you are. Just did not want to spend that much on a HU.

i have a JVC unit and i love it. very nice picture and an accurate touch panel. i would recommend it. and mine also has a detachable screen, which is very nice.

thats the one i was looking @ the one with the detach face im going to buy one today so please someone sway me in one direction or the other cause i dont want to be dissapointed with my purchase anybody feel strongly about the eclipse??

Eclipse makes some amazing head units, yes they had a couple of bad products over the years like all companies have but the GPS NAV units that you are mentioning are top notch. I would take one of them over a JVC any day of the week. You will go far further in your system in the long run.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.