Dvc

ok seal, if you make the sealed box, and it doesnt sound right, adding poly fill inside can change the sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is goin to be in a f150. so for now it's goin to be a sealed box ,but was thinking down the road I would have a custom ported box. Right now it's just not in the budget. Talked to a few places around here and they want anywhere from $300 to $500 for a ported box for a reg. cab

Is goin to be in a f150. so for now it's goin to be a sealed box ,but was thinking down the road I would have a custom ported box. Right now it's just not in the budget. Talked to a few places around here and they want anywhere from $300 to $500 for a ported box for a reg. cab
Did you talk to starr mountain sound? He has a 100$ box deal, fast and good work 2.

accordin to ed the showtime spl guy on youtube running at series-parallel (which would be how u would get a 2ohm load) is not full potential you could get out of your subs. u could get a better sounding more powerful woofer cheaper or for the same thing you paid for those type r's. just sayin

I really got a good deal for the subs. I paid $275 for both brand new shipped to me in 3 days.

That the only reason I got them Couse I was thinking bout the sundowns sa12

man dont let anyone f with you on here wiring them to 2ohm on that amp will get the same result as running them at .5ohm on that bc2000. it will still be 2400w wether at 2ohm or .5 hell i can wire that set to 8ohm on my mean machine 4k and get the same performance. you are looking at the right amp for those speakers i personally rather dual 1s or 4s due to the fact that power is cheap at 1ohm. i will advise you to do the big three, add 1 extra batt and upgrade the one under the hood, 1/0 ofc power and ground is needed as well not cca, OFC.

http://www.kunukonceptz.com has great prices and great product

Any time you are trying to find power at .5 ohm take about 99% of what this forum suggests and do not do it. There is a very good reason that amps they list are not suggested to run that low.

As for your electrical, you may end up having to upgrade it depending on what you decide to do for amp. My personal opinion would be to get 2 600-1000rms 1 ohm mono amps that are strap-able. That will allow you run one amp per sub or you can strap them and run 2 ohm mono and be just fine. You can also search for amps that are rated for 2 ohm mono. The JBL GTO 1200.1ii comes to mind as an excellent choice that can be found on a budget some times.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.