Do I need a L and R RCA signal going to amp for 2 channels I'm bridging?

Participant count
  • Participant list

seatown1two
10+ year member

Title pretty much says it all. Will be taking sub signal from the factory headunit and there is only one positive and one negative wire which will result in one output. The signal is for a sub that I am running off the rear channels (bridged) off a 4 channel amp.

Thanks in advance..

Title pretty much says it all. Will be taking sub signal from the factory headunit and there is only one positive and one negative wire which will result in one output. The signal is for a sub that I am running off the rear channels (bridged) off a 4 channel amp.
Thanks in advance..
You will only have one working channel if you are using 2 bridged channels total. Which means only one channel would be playing.. You can always use a Y splitter though

you wont have as much output even with a y splitter since youre using a 4 channel
Signal is first going thru a line driver before the amp, does that make a difference? What would you recommend I do? There is a setting on the amp to use the inputs for channels 1 and 2 but the reason I want to use the sub signal is so I don't lose the functionality of the sub volume control on the head unit.

Signal is first going thru a line driver before the amp, does that make a difference? What would you recommend I do? There is a setting on the amp to use the inputs for channels 1 and 2 but the reason I want to use the sub signal is so I don't lose the functionality of the sub volume control on the head unit.
get a new HU

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.