Distortion when trunk closes! HELP please

Just for "grins and giggles" (and eliminating any acoustic phase issues)

Pull your speaker out of the truck and turn around so it faces the rear seat, and put it back in. Does it change anything??

A quick and pretty easy test. Seen this before with OLD RF amps, haven't seen it in 10 yrs though.

Couldn't hurt to try it.

Is your headunit wired into the factory hareness? If so any short in the cars electrical system would affect it. ie wires mounted to trunk lid(license plate lights, brake lights etc...)
Just an idea
Yes, it is wired to the factory harness. Im just finding it hard to pinpoint the exact location where this problem is arising. A month later something went wrong all of a sudden...?

Yes, it is wired to the factory harness. Im just finding it hard to pinpoint the exact location where this problem is arising. A month later something went wrong all of a sudden...?
undoubtedly somewhere within the trunk wiring or the rca converter your using. How do you have that wired?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.