Distortion in tweeter from amp issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

therealjroc
10+ year member

Ok so I have a JL 360/4 amplifier. My rear right speaker tweeter started distorting, like a staticy noise at certain frequencies. So i figured it was a blown speaker since they were getting old. Replaced the speaker, same problem.

So i swapped the rca's around on the input side of the amp, and every rca still made the noise on that channel. So Hu is good, and rca's are good. Then I swapped the outputs around to the speakers from the amp and that tweeter sounds perfect on a different channel, other speakers sound bad on that channel as well.

With all that said it looks like an issue with the amp to me. Any ideas what I should be looking for when I pop it open? Any info would be awesome! Thanks.

Mine does that too, mine is BC the internal amp in the hu causing this, mine was just fine until I tried to set crossover points with my hu instead of amp, now I can get rid of it, I am going to try to do a reset on my hu and disconnect the power from battery to reset everything

Mine are on random songs also, same song but not on all songs mainly acoustic songs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.