Distortion in tweeter from amp issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

therealjroc
10+ year member

Ok so I have a JL 360/4 amplifier. My rear right speaker tweeter started distorting, like a staticy noise at certain frequencies. So i figured it was a blown speaker since they were getting old. Replaced the speaker, same problem.

So i swapped the rca's around on the input side of the amp, and every rca still made the noise on that channel. So Hu is good, and rca's are good. Then I swapped the outputs around to the speakers from the amp and that tweeter sounds perfect on a different channel, other speakers sound bad on that channel as well.

With all that said it looks like an issue with the amp to me. Any ideas what I should be looking for when I pop it open? Any info would be awesome! Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.