Digital Amp setting???

Participant count
  • Participant list

2002XLT
5,000+ posts

Thats right bishes...
H-Town, TX
Ok, just set my gain on the alpine in my sig. However, it only has +3 DB increases so i cant get the pinpoint 46.9 Volts that i need from it, in fact im getting either 41 or 49, obviously i went with the 41 but is there anyway to get closer?

Also, there other settings i want to mess with, like low pass hi pass frequency and others, but it only gives a numerical value to them, such as 1,2,3,4. Soo does anyone have experience tuning these types of amps?

anybody? I know a lot of people are running alpine amps on here, so how the hell did you set them? Im pretty sure most, if not all, are digital.

In your case I would check with...

1) your manual, If you dont have it, Im sure you can get it off alpine's website

2) a trusted audio dealer

3) Alpine directly

i have the manual, it just shows me how to change the settings, not what to change them to, or even what they mean. I know there are more people on here with alpine amps, and most of them should be digital. Sooo..how did you guys set yours?

YES...FINALLY....VICTORY!!!

Got this mothafcka to work!! It could be louder, but it will still hurt your ears, later i might upgrade to a 1500 watt amp, but for now this should suit me fine. One thing though, ive got hte gains just about all the way up, and i set the amp at 21/35 on my HU, but when i got up to say 22 0r 23 i still dont hear any distortion. Now i know my amp is underrated, it birthed at 1182 @ 14.4, but i dont want to clip it either, so do you think its safe to turn it up to there? I havent tried turning it up to see if the "over" light comes on, maybe i should try that. Started raining so i didnt get a chance..

With the pdx in my sig I only had it a little over half up on a RE SR 15" and then 2 RE 8's. I now run it on my front components and a litlle over 1/4 up. I think you may be too high in that area. I will look for a manual and hit you up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.