did you buy the amp first or the sub first?

in a sub/amp combo, which did you purchase first?

• Sub

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Amp

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Bought both at same time

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
sub man...you can always pick up the amp later after you have decided which one you want

a watt is a watt

think about the sub and the construction of the box...then the amp

good luck

In my case I say amp first and subs last, because when I build an install I like to have all my power equipment down from the break. In that way, I can treat everything as plug and play. All wires run and nothing left to do, but throw the box in.....lol. Being that you have your HU and know what ohms you want to work with, im my case a Mono stable amp.

For example I would go to a car audio store (sound advice, series sounds etc.) and ask the sale rep if it was possible if I can listen to how a certain sub sounded in my car from their active floor model systems. Then I would make my choice on the sub I wanted after listening..........lol. What can it hurt, he can only say no..........geee.

Another positive to that is, I got to hear many types of subs in the process.

At my local shop they let me put their floor boxes in my car before buying them. I havent' went back for a long time, but I tested out my JL 15W0's before I bought them. They even ran a long ass speaker wire from the store to power them up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Good customer service. Too bad I won't buy JL Audio anymore, way too much $$$$$

lol, i had bought my subs first too. I bought those before anything, even the car. I had three rockford fosgate punch hx2's just sitting in my room. Didnt have a car, no wires, no amp, just subs. lol, i think that was a bit stupid of me now, but then, i felt like i was cool. Atleast when people asked what i had, i could reply 3 12s. (long as they didnt ask to hear them) But that was a mistake though, because i spent all my money on subs, didnt have any kind of amp. eventually got my car. and i doubt if i could fit all 3 12s back there with the right amount of airspace given to them. So i ended up selling two of my 12s and bought my wires, amp, and a 1 12 box and ran the one 12 for a while.

its not a debate y'all. Got the amp cause I knew I'd put off buying a good one since I already had a smaller amp. I knew which speakers and amp I was getting before I bought them. It was all psychological for me.(motivation to get good speakers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...