Subwoofer make and model:SA 8 V2

Subwoofer Size:8"

Number of Subwoofers:3

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.):Slot

What type of music do you like?:Rap/rock

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?:Music

Tuning Freq (Hz):Aiming for 32hz

Volume :2.25 ft3

Questions:I've been playing with winisd and I can't get the port to be a reasonable size (smaller). I tried doing 16 x 2.25 = port area needed and that results in too much port noise. I then tried to increase the port area, which takes away from the port noise but makes the port length way too long. So what am I doing wrong or how can I fix my problem.

Its because you're at 32 hz. 35 would be much better suited and is also recommended by the manufacturer IIRC. Will also shorten that port length up. Don't skimp on port space either. At least I prefer not to. 12-16sq.in. per cubic foot of airspace is a typical range.

Oh, and long skinny ports don't seem to work as well. Try maybe using an aeroport if you're tight on space.

Its because you're at 32 hz. 35 would be much better suited and is also recommended by the manufacturer IIRC. Will also shorten that port length up. Don't skimp on port space either. At least I prefer not to.
Oh, and long skinny ports don't seem to work as well. Try maybe using an aeroport if you're tight on space.
Winisd gives you the port length? Also I've tried tuning it to 35hz and that helped a very little bit not enough to make a difference. I've tried giving it as much as 54 square inches of port area. Still no luck.

Ok so I'm going to tune it to 35hz but I have question is it a bad idea to do a vent 25.5'' x 3.2'' (thats what I come up with on winisd)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.