Decent component system

MatthewJ

I havent been in the audio world in a while. Never competition but have had some decent equipment the past. I recently bought a 2007 Tacoma 4-door. I want a good component system for it. One that will fit in the stock holes. No modifications. I am able to hook up amps with no problem. I'd like to keep it under $300 for two doors with tweeters and mids. I've got an amp. MB Quart and Polk momo was good when I was in it. Now they seem to be Chinese garbage. What do y'all think would be good for me?

What makes or breaks the system is the head unit and tuning capabilities along with your overall install aka sealing doors, making proper acoustical door enclosures, sound absorption, tweeter positioning. The Audio game changed a bit since then. back then all you guys had were 3 band eqs with no time alignment or network capable head units.

Now even cheap pioneer head units have active capabilities built in along with 13 bands of EQ and time alignment which is very game changing.

Now even cheap pioneer head units have active capabilities built in along with 13 bands of EQ and time alignment which is very game changing.
No kidding! I had a Pioneer cassette deck and a Clarion 5 band equalizer and power booster back in 1978! 8" Bozak aluminum cone with coaxially mounted tweeters in small particle board cabinets I built for them in the luggage compartment behind the rear seat of Beetles like my 1969! Auto EQ was kinda new at that time, I thought.

John Kuthe...

I have a pioneer head unit. Not sure on the model at the moment, I'll have to get back to you on that. But it's tuning capabilities are minimal. Basic auto tune settings. My amp is a Rockford 600 watt 4 channel. I think it's 2 ohm stable, but not sure. And I probably should change all 4 mids while I'm in there.

Check out Crescendo symphony component set and rear coaxials since you don't need a separate tweeter back there. Use your remaining budget to get some mdf spacer rings and door treatment material (decoupler behind speaker on door interior and sound deadener for door coverage). That's doable for about 300

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.