Dayton Audio RSS315HO-44 12" or Sundown SA-12 for my Extended cab truck?

AudiHere

I currently have a 12w3v2 with only 300 watts. It sounds good but the foam around the sub has torn. I was looking for a replacement subwoofer.

I like a variety of music. Which one of these subs would sound good in a .93 single box? Also is 300 watts enough to push these subs or should I upgrade to 500-600 watts?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rubber around the sub is torn. You mean the surround or gasket? What ext cab truck do you have? also post a pic of subs in your cab area.

So the surround is torn....that's almost common with any sub.

If I were you and in my shoes, I'd get that SA12 and get a 600-1000 watt amp. Should sound really nice on solid power and a good custom ported box to fit in there.

im going to say no. that box is tiny. but it really depends on your goal... your output will definitely be limited by the small box though

Any recommendations for a sub then? That's the only box size I can find to fit my truck. .93 is almost 1 and most subs say min 1 for sealed boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there's A LOT of us on here with ext cab silverados lol i know from experience theres at least one site where they make boxes specific for our trucks.

if you're not looking for a ton of output a sealed 12 is fine, but a properly ported 12, or even 10 will still blow it out of the water lol

it sounds like you want to stick with that box, really would help to know what your goal is whether it be loud, or sound quality, or budget

Any box recommendations. Then? I bought mine from subthump.com

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Goal is SQ with some output. Don't need the world to hear but want it to sound good inside the cab.

that's actually the site i was referring to, so kudos to you lol. I didn't realize how small the single boxes are, getting a custom ported box built around a SA-12 or similar driver (a lot of the subs in that price range from the quality brands perform the same) will get you a lot more output and can have the same SQ if done right. it'll probably take up the majority of your underseat space fyi, if you want to keep it smaller consider a ported 10.

if you're good with wood you can even build it yourself, there's members on here who can make plans for you. if you just want to replace the sub id go with the daytons 12 made for sealed, or one of the other drivers mentioned like the sundown SD-2, and ssa gcon. oh and while im thinking about it the stereo integrity bm mk v, it's a SQ oriented sub and probably the best shallow SQ sub on the market from what ive seen

you can get a box built by @CSCStang or find a shop local, that's your best bet if you're uncomfortable building it yourself. they can also make box plans for you if you want to do the woodwork. the SA-12 is a good driver, I see people using soundqubed hds312's with good results as well.

I don't mind it taking the entire underseat

I have a tline box that i built for AB XD 6.5's (one under each side) that will blow your mind man. Way more output than any sealed 12 will get you. Pm me if you're interested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.