dash cracks

really ghetto way -

put superglue in the crack. let dry... sand the crack down even with the surrounding dash..use bondo to fill any imperfections, and sand again.. go buy some vinyl spray paint for carpet or door panels to match you dash color... fixed..

i would just go and buy a new dash pad.... it will look alot better than doing it the ghetto way...lmao

anyone know of a good way to fix small dash cracks here and there. i know they make a vinyl repair kit but from what ive seen it doesnt work to well. anyone have any other ideas?
my 4th gen had a long crack on the dashboard (passenger side) and all i did was cover it up with a dash mat. its less reflective when driving in sunlight and also makes the interior look nicer

nah, what you do is use a polymer to seal the cracks, then you sand that down to a smooth finish. the next thing you do is flock the dash.

check this out, it is what i am doing to my old nissan truck interior flocking along with some glassing and carbon fiber mixed in on certain parts:

DonJer Flocking Fibers Supplies Suede-Tex Soft Flock Rayon Nylon Spray Applicators Kits Adhesive Cars Decoys Rods

edited to add: if you decide to do this be sure to by the air flock sprayer, it works soooooo much better than the sprinkle can.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

chevyboy91

10+ year member
chevyboy91
Naples, Florida, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from