Damaged Sub

Mr.Ronin_2U

Banned
Hey fellas,I recently bought 2 10" subs and the amp fell off the box and hit one of them,which put a little rip in the rubber part(or whatever it is) that surrounds the cone and also put a small crack in the cone it's self.My question is is the sub done,it still sounds alright but is this future problems waiting to happen.Thanks in advance for the help.

hey that happened to my subs as well. my amp was attached to the back of my seats. and my subs were facing the cabin. and my amp fell off and made a gash on both of my subs surrounds.

how do i fix these? but i mean i dont think these gashes would create a big noticeable difference in sound would it?

Silicone will help it seal and hold the cracked or torn surround together, put a bead on both sides of the surround (under the cone and on it), and let it dry. If you just let it play like that (no silicone, just open tear), I'd imagine after awhile the air pressure would tear it more until the whole surround goes with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.