CT Sounds Full Range Class D?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ciaonzo
5,000+ posts

TheContinental
WI
Anyone have any input on the full range class D amps from CT sounds? I'm looking at the 200.4D or 150.6D to go along with my 1400.1D. I have no doubt they make the power but how are you liking the sound of them?

Did they ever pay back that buildhouse? Do their amps not catch fire anymore? I personally wouldn't throw my money at their products knowing their track record.

Yeah if you don't mind paying a crook I'm sure they sound fine.

Like any other class D full range, things get wonky when clipped but with this much power you shouldn't approach that point.

Aww, dang. I didn't realize there was trouble surrounding the brand/owner. That's a shame, they look decent.

I guess I'll give the 1400.1 an audition since I already own that.

i wanted the 1k silver one bad then i saw some test on utube said they have vibration issues idk what that means, i guess they get vibrated apart easy or something.. dude look at sundown sq 4 channels or everyone fave the ppi 900.4

Yeah, I'm seeing some info about the vibration concerns now. It didn't seem to impact the smaller amps that I'm inquiring about, seems like it was some of the bigger amps not having proper board support. Not too smart.

Which probably led to broken amplifiers and warranty claims that were not fulfilled? Something along those lines?

Was really curious about the 150.6, that seemed like a good option against some others that are priced much higher.

Anyone have any input on the full range class D amps from CT sounds? I'm looking at the 200.4D or 150.6D to go along with my 1400.1D. I have no doubt they make the power but how are you liking the sound of them?
all bullsh*t and drama aside, as in pure product performance, they are good amps. I've seen them in action and they perform very well, Loads of clean power just like the alphard 200.4 along with good signal to noise ratio, not a hint of system noise at 0 volume. Handles vibrations and 2 ohm loads very well in my buddy's 154 db 4runner.

Seriously though from what i see at the show's Coleman's pretty straight up. Whatever happened back then is still not really clear but lately he's been getting good feedback from all the locals that buy his sh*t, even the big 4k and 7k amps in recent setups havent gone to smoke yet and they were mounted on the boxes. His smaller amps are getting sold like hotcakes and his ct neo 6.5s are one of the best price to performance ratio PA midranges out there atm.

good signal to noise ratio, not a hint of system noise at 0 volume
Was hoping for a bit of that type of input, thank you. I may have to consider grabbing the 150.6 while it is still available. Hate to think about all the people that may have gotten burned, though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.