Crossover help please

Participant count
  • Participant list

rdlyn13000
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have 2 sets of MB Quart crossovers, they are both 2-way and thats about all I know about them. I want to put some components in my doors and possibly use these. I found a set of 6.5 and tweeters for a good price with no crossovers and they are NOT MB Quart speakers. So I have a couple questions...

Can I mix-match brands?

Which of my crossovers are better?

How do I test if they work?

what are the crossovers worth if I decide to sell?

a51879fb.jpg

264a34cf.jpg

f46b713e.jpg

Yes you CAN mix and match brands all though it might not be optimal. Component sets usually come as a set because the crossover points of the crossover are designed specifically for those speakers. But unless you're going for a pure SQ audiophile setup, I doubt you'll notice any difference. As far as which is better, well that's kind of a toss up. I'd try hooking a set up to one of each and doing a side by side test...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.