Crossover Help. PICS.

thisistiny
10+ year member

Graphic Designer
Alpine SPX-17REF Crossovers

I DO NOT wish to bi-amp the crossovers.

So do i hook it up 1+4? or 2+3?

I tried looking for the manual but had no luck....

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

CIMG0132-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like the xover from the alpine type x ref set.

lame alpine doesn't have the manual on their site. But if it's like their other type x sets, the input for non-bi-amping would be 1+2

oops. yes. James Bang is correct.

Alpine SPX-17REF

From what i remember, when i had it 1+2 it sounded like half the volume... Couldn't hear anything from the tweets. My rears were almost twice as loud. i have alpine sps-600 co-ax for the rears. so i figured i had to either do 1+4 or 2+3.

I might have to give 1+2 another shot...

I would hook up all the imputs.. so its getting source from both.. but hey that's just me..
That means having a 4ch amp just for the components, correct?

I really want 2ch to rears and 2ch to fronts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

or should i just say screw it and run the rears off the deck? baHHH!!!

Use a jumper to send input to 1 and 3 and 2 and 4. You need to send signal to both. Most sets like this will come with some sort of jumper to use when not running bi amped.

That means having a 4ch amp just for the components, correct?
I really want 2ch to rears and 2ch to fronts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

or should i just say screw it and run the rears off the deck? baHHH!!!
No.. mschwitz explained it.. basically hook the source + to one side and the source - to the other imput.. then the two imputs left you run a wire from.. same idea as wiring a sub in series.. If your not sure I would honestly call support on your product and as one of their techs.. they should be able to answer that and most of the the manf. tech will help you..

Thanks for all the help guys. Alpine has a manual for SPX-17PRO and somewhat explains the bi amping. Not all that clear. but it does. yet absolutely no manual for SPR-17REF. UGHHH

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.