Component Speakers & Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ryanb.

Home
I am wanting a loud system with strong bass response and good imaging. I am thinking about getting a set of component speakers & running a 15" sub in the back. Is that a good choice? Is there something that would fit what I want better? Help me out.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Ryan Bryant ]

hey dude there is a problem in what your asking for. you cant really have that low bass and imaging. one is SPL and the other is SQ. what i would reccommend is you taking a look at Image Dynamics. 2 10's or a single 12, over their compenents would probably do you very nicely. later

Actually you can mix the two..It is difficult to pull and still have it sound good though.. You will want some comps that can handle the power..like the Infinity Kappa 60.2cs, Image Dynamics Chameleons, I have never hear the Audiobahn comps but they say 200 watts RMS but teh sensitivity may be pretty low.etc.etc.. For a sub I think something like the Kicker 15L7 has a good mix of SPL and SQ just run in the neihborhood of 600 watts to it and you'll be alright..Don't forget to add a cap to the system though.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.