Component install Q's

Participant count
  • Participant list

matt_calgary
10+ year member

Calgary
I'll start off by saying this is the first system that I have ever put in, the electrical knowledge I have is good but the installation half of it I'm clueless! I'm looking for a clean install of course with no trace of wiring.

I'll be putting in a component set up front. I'll have to make some sort of custom MDF pod or block or something to mount the speakers in so they don't hit my window when I unroll it. The speakers are about 3" deep.

1) What should all be dynomated or is this a personal preference?

2) I'm not sure where I'm going to have room to mount my crossovers. In the door there isn't much room behind the doorcard and I don't want to install them in the door pocket. Is the mounting them in the trunk with my amp a no-no with all the extra wire from the crossover to the speakers/tweeters? It may be possible to mount them a couple inches away from the speakers but I'm not so sure if this is a good idea, ie. they have to be isolated away from heavy vibration. Any ideas here would be appreciated.

3) Is running speaker wire right beside RCA's going to cause noise like running a power wire or is the magnetic field low enough not to cause problems. The RCA's are double shielded.

4) How much room should I be leaving between the window when it is rolled down and the back of the magnet? I'm guessing 1/2" should work but I'm not sure if there is a rule of thumb here.

Sorry for the large amount of questions and possible noob-ish remarks but I honestly am lost and don't mind asking for help. Thanks in advance

Matt S.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.