Clifford/Viper Smartstart addon

Participant count
  • Participant list

SourDeez
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Fuqy u
Thinking about getting the SmartStart module addon for my remote start / alarm from clifford.

$200 and I'm able to use my iphone to start, lock, unlock and receive alarm alerts.

Is having this feature worth $200? Cant decide..Anyone used this?

Clifford-smart-start-e1289594687983.jpg

Well the biggest thing for me is if im more than 50 yards away from my car, and something triggers the alarm I'll know any time, any where.

and I wouldnt have to carry a remote (which i've already dropped and broke 2 and they cost $80)

I bought it, and it was the biggest waste of $200 I've ever spent on my car. Imo, it blows. It works less than half the time, and the server crashes tons. It takes at least 15-20 seconds for the car to receive a command, not counting the app start up time. Buying an alarm with remote start is MUCH better.

And the alerts don't work the way they should. If your alarm goes off 99% of the time you won't get any type of alert. Sorry if I seem a little harsh, but this app wasn't worth it at all for me.

Thanks for the valuable info. I've already got an alarm with remote start but I figured this addon would be nice. I probably wont get it now

I am very curious about this too. I am a minimalist and having keys on me sometimes drives me nuts but I always have my iphone on me.

My car does not have an alarm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.