Clarion DXZ945MP - Screen won't turn on - HELP!

maldecido33
10+ year member

MSEE
Lubbock, TX
Just installed it, acquired it in a trade. Hooked up everything right, except for the power antenna wire and the cell phone mute wire, which don't apply to my truck.

Unit powers up, there are lights around the buttons and I can eject cd's, the face plat flips out like normal. However, the screen won't turn on. I've tried resetting the unit, pushing all sorts of combinations of buttons, everything.

I just can't get the screen to come on. No sound output, either.

Help :-/

It sounds like the backlight is dead. Turn it on and shine a light on it and see if you see anything. If you do and it is just dark then the backlight is bad. Not a hard repair really. Just make sure you can do some decent soldering. Otherwise it isnt gonna be cheap to fix. Did it work fine when you got it?. If not then trade back as it was in a way DOA.

not that backlight thing, checked it.

any other ideas? I plan on calling clairon monday to see if they can offer any insight.

i trust the guy i got it from that he wouldn't send me something DOA; so im gonna try before i just give up

Ok, so the TFT screen is dead. Good luck. Those faceplates arent cheap and neither are the costs of repair. You arent the original purchaser so warranteeing it isnt an option. Apparently the guy would send something to you DOA as it was partially DOA.

. Apparently the guy would send something to you DOA as it was partially DOA.

Nope, it worked when it came out of my truck on the 25th. Maldecido and I are attempting to get the problem isolated.

If it was the screen, that wouldnt explain the lack of sound output.....We figure its something simple that is being overlooked. Unless the deck just died in shipping, even though there's no visible damage to the deck, nor to the shipping box.

I have the same deck....I noticed bc i didnt realize i hooked my 12V constant to my amp turn on bc it was red and the deck will function just no screen....make sure u are getting 12 volts to the red wire //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Jay

Didnt notice the no sound output statement. Sounds like it is gonna be a pain. Hope it was insured.

Yep, it was insured. Thing is, there was no visible damage to the deck itself or the shipping box, and it was well packed, etc.

Possibly something caused by shock from being bounced around. Other than that, check the wires like Jay stated.

i havent owned that particular hu but i have had others that have had the ribbon cable go bad but if your face still flaps in and out maybe its not it just something for you to check

Maldecido got it fixed- unhooked everything, and just reconnected it all, and it worked.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.