cheap nine.1s... seem familiar to anyone?

What happened to all the love ED used to get?

Is this what everyone will be saying about Sundown etc in a year or two from now?

Back on topic, amp i owned was solid and I was happy with it. If the warranty is still transferable like it used to be why not jsut wait for someone to buy it and then sell it on here? You know there will be a handful that will as soon as they get it in.

edit: just looked at the link. website says no charge until item ships, is this what htey said last time too but they went ahead and charged right away?

What happened to all the love ED used to get?Is this what everyone will be saying about Sundown etc in a year or two from now?
Where have you been for like the past 4 or 5 years? They haven't gotten 'love' around here since before you were a member.

Where have you been for like the past 4 or 5 years? They haven't gotten 'love' around here since before you were a member.
I've got a pretty bad memory but I seem to remember them being the rage. Maybe I am thinking of when I used to be on SD alot. I became a member there in 02 or 03. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Either way for 200 bcuks i wouldnt mind picking one up...only if they truly didnt charge until shipped.

Is this what the beef was over in the past?

I think it's rather funny that people think Ben/eD has changed within the last year. He always finds a way to show how bad of a person/business man he is. I'll try and name a few.

1) Claiming the eD V1 was butyl based(wasn't) when selling leftovers on ebay

2) The whole Ural preorder fiasco.

3) The JL W7 copywrite infringement fiasco.

4) The TangBand shallow neo woofer copywrite infringement fiasco.

5) The tendency to ban anyone on his forum who doesn't cock gobble eD products.

6) Claiming everything is built "in house" when it's simply rebadged equipment. Hell, I remember labels from the original company being under eD labels.

7) Apparently new eD deadener not sticking well.

Need I go on?

I had a nine.1 on 2 ED flatcones and a nine.4 on my highs and mids. I swaped them both out for a Fosgate 25 to life Power 1000 (with about 300w less to the subs) and I gained about 3db. The substage sounded about 10x cleaner with the Fosgate as well as the highs and mids just sounded amazing. Not that they sounded bad on the ED amps but sounded better on the Fosgate. I do have about 6-8 EU-700's I will eventually use again as well as 2 SQ10's that I will use sometime.

x2.

but this was found in an old nine.2:
CIMG0033.jpg

I've seen the same in a avionixx amp as well, and they both share the same heatsink.
they share the same board so....thats the only reason the amp is ok.

I took the door panels off of my vette the other day. I had put edead v1 on it like 4 years ago. surprise surprise, I could pull it off with my hand with little of ease. I even preped the surface with acetone and cleaned it well.

I think it's rather funny that people think Ben/eD has changed within the last year. He always finds a way to show how bad of a person/business man he is. I'll try and name a few.
1) Claiming the eD V1 was butyl based(wasn't) when selling leftovers on ebay

2) The whole Ural preorder fiasco.

3) The JL W7 copywrite infringement fiasco.

4) The TangBand shallow neo woofer copywrite infringement fiasco.

5) The tendency to ban anyone on his forum who doesn't cock gobble eD products.

6) Claiming everything is built "in house" when it's simply rebadged equipment. Hell, I remember labels from the original company being under eD labels.

7) Apparently new eD deadener not sticking well.

Need I go on?
Good list. The only thing I would change is, eD/Ben claimed eDead V1 was butyl based all along, not just when selling left overs on ebay. I still remember their website describing it as "rubberized", with NO mention of that actually meaning asphalt based with a slight amount of rubber in it as a bonding agent, just like every other asphalt based mat has. At a time when real companies were coming out with superior butyl rubber based mat, it was a clear example of him/them trying to portray their asphalt mat as something it wasn't. Hell, why change the propduct when they can just change the description. Not to mention he flat-out claimed it was butyl based in a reply on ICIX. The man is a pathological liar. It was only Don's testing in SDSS that proved once and for all it was asphalt, which forced eD to come out with a butyl product. If SDSS had never been created, Im confident Ben would still be selling asphalt mat and portraying it as butyl based.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.