Cheap 12" 4 ohm DVC sub that can handle 500-1000 RMS?

mgoetter

Hello, I am looking to buy 2 new subs for my system. I have a ported box... approx 1.8 cu ft per sub.

I've been searching for awhile and at this point i keep coming across all the same subs.

What are some solid, cheap 12" subs that can handle a decent amount of power?

They will be paired with a ZRX-3200.1 D amp.

I'm looking to spend under $100 per sub.

Any help is very welcome! If you just paste a link or even just type the name of the sub & reply I'd be grateful! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm about in the same boat as you as far as what I'm looking to do next so I'd like to see other responses, but in my searches I seen that you can get the shok industries Triton 12 for $99 shipped each and was considering them!

With that amp and looking to spend under a hundred per sub.....the speakers wont last to long you will end up frying them... Add a little more and get some decent subs to mach that amp.... What are you going to wire the subs at? 1ohm 2ohms or 4ohms?

@Booming - thanks for the response, I will check out those subs (so far they seem pretty difficult to find on google but I will keep looking)

This is the list I came up with so far after spending a couple hours searching for 12" subs:

Power Acoustik MOFOs
Pioneer-Ts-w3003d4
Earthquake-Sound-Tremor-X (28mm xmax)
Planet-Audio-AC12D

and I have a set of Power Acoustik Gothics which seem like great subs if your looking to run your system at 2 ohms but for me the 2 ohm DVC won't cut it... I will keep them as spares.

@negolien

I've bought expensive sundowns before & expensive JL W7s when I first started with car audio... I've been down that road but for me the difference between them and the 15" mb quarts that I've been running for the past 4 years isn't enough to bring me to spend 200-500 bucks per sub. It seems like there are solid subs on the market now for around 100 bucks. Yes I am being cheap but I am also not as hardcore as I used to be when it comes to car audio.. I just like to have punchy bass I can turn up every now and then on a road trip.

I am really considering buying 2 12" 4 ohm DVC MOFOs and sealing my ported enclosure.

They are a little more then I am looking to spend but they look like a sub that can take a beating.
@yroc434

I am looking to wire 2 12"s at 1 ohm. I'd really like to keep the price on the lower end.. a little over 100 is okay but not much more.

@Popwarhomie

I was able to find these two subs made by SQ

The HDS312 looks like a good option if i can bring myself to spend that much per sub.

HDS212

HDS312

With that amp and looking to spend under a hundred per sub.....the speakers wont last to long you will end up frying them... Add a little more and get some decent subs to mach that amp.... What are you going to wire the subs at? 1ohm 2ohms or 4ohms?
I beg to differ, the shok tritons can take 1k each, 3 inch voice coil for 99 dollars man, they do some major work for the price.

Dayton HO, its the first from right. They are $150 and D4 so you can wire them down to 1 ohm if you get 2.

GLewBIT.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.