Challenge for the bored - Extreme Budget

TxVibe
10+ year member

Houston
I'm sitting here at work, bored and wondering what people would do with an extreme budget. This is not for anything other than my morbid curiosity. It will not be a system I build, but maybe some one out there needs this kind of advice.

This person has lets say a Toyota Yaris hatch with a stock alternator, very little headroom. Must use 1 amp to power his fronts and sub. The total budget 350. The amp is already purchased ($160), but still needs a wiring kit and subs. He can build his own box, but space limitations keep him at a roughly 1.5 to 1.75 cu ft. per sub, so subs need to work well within that range.

You have $190 left total (including shipping) to purchase a wiring kit and subs.

Conditions:

• 2 subs that will run off 400-500w bridged A/B 4ohm power when wired together (2 -4ohmDVC or 2 -8ohmSVC)
  • Must be 10s or 12s
  • They must be new.
  • Work well ported in 1.5-1.75 cu. ft. per sub
  • No Volfenhag, Pyramid, Sony, etc
Obviously these are not going to be "best" subs, but it will be interesting to see

what people pick (if anyone bothers, LOL). I know some of my first subs sounded pretty good to me

and definitely weren't great.

Wiring - the best you can with what you got.

I'll submit my idea as well.

You can do maybe 2 10s or 1 12 in that space ported.
1.5-1.75 per sub.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

You can do maybe 2 10s or 1 12 in that space ported.
How about this, my never powered 12" RD sonance with fi soft parts dual 2 ohm 165 shipped. Go to walmart and get you a 4 gauge wiring kit for under 25 bucks after tax. Walmart.com: Bravo View 1000 Watt 4-Gauge Amp Install Kit: Auto Electronics

Hit me up if you want it.

I'm not trying to buy gear, this is just a "what if" scenario.

so is this guy ... you by any chance??? lol.. I thought we were going to build something big with an extremely large budget... im out

so is this guy ... you by any chance??? lol.. I thought we were going to build something big with an extremely large budget... im out
No, not me. Wast just bored. I don't have room for 2 subs, or rather don't want to take up the room 2 require. And I wouldn't use to kicker comps or a JL anything.

I would admit though, something huge with a big budget is more fun. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

my 15w0 on 500 watts in 1.75 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Everyone's a Rebel. Can't we just play by the rules? LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.