Car radio SCAN option

Participant count
  • Participant list

smacd

CarAudio.com Newbie
What ever happen to the scan option on car radios? I’m looking for a new (to me) car and it seems like all the radios now only offer pre-set stations.

I like the scan option for longer trips so I can get local weather and news. I also like it for super short trips when I can’t be bothered to connect my phone or even bring it with me.

Edit: And, to be honest, I need scan because I just have a short attention span and there is still too much great Detroit radio to stay on one station for long.
Does anyone have recommendations for SUVs that still have scan?

Last edited:
Look for manuals on the vehicles you are interested in. Sometimes if you press the fast forward button on a radio, it will automatically scan to the next available station.

Look for manuals on the vehicles you are interested in. Sometimes if you press the fast forward button on a radio, it will automatically scan to the next available station.
That is SEEK, not SCAN. You must repeatedly keep pushing the seek button. SCAN better, press once, finds next station, stays on a few seconds, then proceeds to the next automatically, until you stop it on a station you choose.

That is SEEK, not SCAN. You must repeatedly keep pushing the seek button. SCAN better, press once, finds next station, stays on a few seconds, then proceeds to the next automatically, until you stop it on a station you choose.
Thanks. (LOL LOL) I had to laugh as that wouldn't be an issue for me. Good observation, though. Peace.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...