Can I make this setup work?

Participant count
  • Participant list

keezy235
10+ year member

Hey everyone,

I currently have a Cadence DCA 4100 powering two image dynamic component speakers (CTX65CS) in my front doors. Since this is a four channel amp, is there someway I could bridge the other two channels that aren't running my front door speakers and tweeters to power something like an 8" alpine? If this is possible, would the subwoofer be running at 4 ohms or 2 ohms or would it depend on the subwoofer and the way it's wired? I listen to quite a bit of hip hop so I'd like to able to feel my music a little more. Also, if this bridging of the two channels is possible, do you think alpine's new 8" Type R in a ported enclosure (product number: sbr-s83v) would be a good match for my amplifier and my taste of music? I'm up for any reccomendations! Thanks a bunch for your help!

Specs say 250 WRMS @ 4 ohms. The amp should have a little diagram just above the speaker terminals that says either bridge or mono, but you simply connect your positive wire to the positive of the first channel and the negative wire to the negative of the second channel.

ok sounds good, apparently the new alpine type R 8" package (SBR-s83v) with the box only comes in a version which the sub is wired at 2 ohms :/ does anyone have any other suggestions for a quality sub that will run at 4 ohms and needs about 250 RMS? I'm definitely looking to go the ported route for the box because I listen to quite a bit of hip hop. Thanks a bunch everyone!

Edit: also, does anyone know anything about the audioque sdc2.0 series?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.