called autozone and they said my alt is 160amps....?

yeah youve got the same problem I have. my alt is a 160 amp and im running an aq1200d and two type rs and I had to turn my gain to halfway to stop it from clipping on most songs.

gain is met to match the output of your headunit to the amps. ita not like your gonna get clean unclipped power and be able to turn up your gain alot more if your electrical is better

its a 2006 Chrysler 300 touring i think its b.s i was running a 1200d audioque and it started clipping with the stock batt it came with how would a stock alt be 160 amps? thanks,
Clipping != Voltage drop.

Most cars' alternators are between 60-160 amps.

Clipping means your gain is to high, y0.

Originally Posted by njaykaplan

The battery was limiting the current flow probably.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif[NO]
This could be the case, I think ... A super-dead battery will try to draw so much current from the alternator that the battery is limiting the current flow to other items.

Is this wrong?

Originally Posted by njaykaplan The battery was limiting the current flow probably.

This could be the case, I think ... A super-dead battery will try to draw so much current from the alternator that the battery is limiting the current flow to other items.

Is this wrong?
You're missing the point.

Clipping is a signal problem, not a power source problem.

You're missing the point.
Clipping is a signal problem, not a power source problem.
THIS.

This is why you use a dmm to set gains. The gain knob is NOT a volume knob. Most cases the gain will not be more then half way especially with newer decks with high volt preouts.

Turn your gains down before you fuk things up!

THIS.
This is why you use a dmm to set gains. The gain knob is NOT a volume knob. Most cases the gain will not be more then half way especially with newer decks with high volt preouts.

Turn your gains down before you fuk things up!
2x

sounds like you have gains way way to high, and the big 3 will most definately make a huge Difference on any Chrysler/Dodge car, the factory wiring is crap on them ( its actually the BIG 4 for these cars tho )

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.