Building a system, need some help

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am building a system for a friend, here is what I have so far:

Head Unit: Eclipse AVN2454

Components: Phoenix Gold Octane ZR 6.5

Amps: Phoenix Gold Xenon 100.4 and Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 Amp

Subs: 2 - Eclipse SW7124DVC T4

Here is where I need some help. He wants to have some "rear" speakers, kinda like it was when it was stock. The car is a sports car that is a 2 seater. I was originally thinking about using Phoenix Gold OCTANE-R 6x9 Coax for the rears, but the more I think about it the more I realize that this is gonna destroy the front field, so now I think I should use some midbass speakers for the rear.

What do you guys recommend? It will be powered off the Phoenix Gold Xenon 100.4. I was budgeting $100 but that is flexible.

One more question. The 6.5 components are gonna be put in the stock lower door position, do you think it is a good idea to tilt them up towards the driver or leave them flat shooting across the floor like stock?

Thanks in advance!

Hate to break it to you but PG Octane series is garbage/junk/crap.

If you're looking for rear-fill that actually sounds GOOD, I've heard great reviews from the Eclipse Point-Source 6x9's...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.