Brutus

asousa757
10+ year member

I have a Rockford Fosgate sub with 600rms and 1200 peak. I was looking at getting a Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1 amp to go with it. But there lies a problem... at 2 ohms the amp pushes 900 watts rms and at 4 ohms it pushes 450 watts rms. Either way i go it overpowers or underpowers my sub (when it comes to rms). The peak is 1200 watts which is perfect. So my question is, will the 900 watts hurt my sub? or should i leave it at 4 ohms?

Thanks man. I'm looking at the amp right now and i don't see a gain dial. Could it be named something different?
Subs are usually under rated anyways so a higher rms amp will give it cleaner power I actually need to get a more powerful amp for my subs I was considering hifonics but not sure how they are.

if he is asking this question you can't just say ''set your gain right''

you need to explain that he can set it to 600rms if he wants

and level control gain something along those lines, bass boost stays at 0, x over you want 50-60hz and sub sonic I'd just leave off unless you have problems

hell I've even seen it labeled loudness

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

I thin kit's actually called input level on your amp

You also just can't tell someone to leave the SS filter off or not to use any bass boost as well.

A db or 2 of boost can help in some installs as well as using the SS filter with some installs. Especially with ported boxes.

For the subsonic there's no reason to leave it off, that's just being dumb. In 99% of setups anything at or below ~20hz is non existent. No point in having your sub play it cause it will just hurt it and you run the risk of bottoming out. A bass boost of 1 or 2 dB won't hurt nearly as much as cranking it, but is still unnecessary because you can always nudge up the gain some if you want more output (careful you don't push the amp into clipping, though).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

asousa757

10+ year member
asousa757
Virginia Beach, VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from