Boxes for 6x9 speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

rjay
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Have a friend that is replacing the 6x9s in his rear panel. He has already replaced the door speakers and now wanting to do these to add some bass and just to get rid of the stocks! Not sure exactly which speaker he will be going with but, each speaker will have 50 watts going to it from a 4 channel amp. He doesn't want to add a sub or anything, so he is counting on the 6x9's providing the bass. Question is would it be beneficial by enclosing the 6x9s on the rear deck (would that help with more bass) or just let them free air. Thanks

Some speakers work well in enclosures and some dont, only way to find out is to go and test what works for you! if you dont like how they sound free air then build enclosures for em, and vice versa //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.