Box Modification SPL Gains

is the pvc tube the port? or just a pvc tube at the bottom //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Its a cut piece of PVC over the lip of the port. Seems to increase scores more often than not. It worked for me the one time I tried it...I should try it on my next box now that i think of it...

Have you ever tried inverting the speakers? I would be curious to see if you gain or lose with the speakers inverted in your application.
Haven't tried it since I can't do it for any organization that I compete in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Could the piece of pipe be used in any ported application? I am getting ready to build my 6th order bandpass designed by 80Inches and I wonder if it would help?
Quite possibly - I have only tested it in this type enclosure. All three boxes that have been in the Jeep have had this piece and all three have been quite loud.

I'd like to see what happens if you try PVC on the outside of the port also...it might help and would be easy to install.

Also, if you have a bottom / rear firing port, try doing the top / rear corner of the box with PVC.

My port is a "slot" unless you are using the term differently.

Jacob...have you tried the pvc in different ways....from what I can see it looks like you cut a 1/4 piece out of it. try cutting a little more, test, alittle more, test...etc

I do that when I test my bandpass and i have found that smaller pieces are better.

just a thought.

looking good by the way.

The wood of your inside port edge isn't sanded/rounded over is it? If not, I wonder what change rounding the wood itself rather than adding a pvc round?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.