box for me gusta 12...

Participant count
  • Participant list
Make your port "zig-zag" vs. doing an L-port. L-port's are good when you can fit the sub right behind the port but when the port and the sub are on two different sides of the box a port that just goes up and then down and then up etc. works best. On that box design you might find that the sub will load off right into the port and not really use up much of the space that is where the L-port is (if that makes any sense lol)

Make your port "zig-zag" vs. doing an L-port. L-port's are good when you can fit the sub right behind the port but when the port and the sub are on two different sides of the box a port that just goes up and then down and then up etc. works best. On that box design you might find that the sub will load off right into the port and not really use up much of the space that is where the L-port is (if that makes any sense lol)
thanks will do.

You do an L-port when your box setup is like this:

dSE66.jpg

And you do a zig-zag when it's like this:

NVZ6w.png

megusta12box.png

now tuned to 35hz. in 2.5 cu ft.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

You do an L-port when your box setup is like this:
dSE66.jpg

And you do a zig-zag when it's like this:

NVZ6w.png
thanks for the info!

what do yall think... gonna be a daily groundpounder but I want her to be loud... gonna try for a 45-47 on music...
Looks sick man! Keep us updated! I personally do not like using zigzag port style due to the added resonances and pressure build up in the corners, EVEN IF they are 45'ed. To many turned can cause issues especially in the higher frequency range. For numbers though, this is less of an issue. Just a thought.

lol definetly. the last L port i had wasnt very efficient as we all know they aren't.
That's because I didn't design it lol j/k. But yea, a lot of people tend to make them too small to account for low end. The one above looks adequate though for whats going in it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.

That's because I didn't design it lol j/k. But yea, a lot of people tend to make them too small to account for low end. The one above looks adequate though for whats going in it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.
yup thats how mine was //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif one of the subs didnt unload well and died //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.