box coating options?

sthib
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
la
ok i am doing a blow through but dont want to buy a bed cover are anything like that what could i coat my box with to make it water proof?

ideas i have:

bondo

fiberglass would these work?

buy roll on beadliner. it would be just as cheap and easier and look a lot better than the two options you are throwing out there. cheap stuff is @ wally world for about 30 a gallon

The milkshake thing sound like the ticket i have done bedliner box for a boat and it leaked at the screw holes so i ruled just that out.

buy roll on beadliner. it would be just as cheap and easier and look a lot better than the two options you are throwing out there. cheap stuff is @ wally world for about 30 a gallon
it will chip and flake if it gets hit and leave the mdf exposed i have done it i know the milkshake mix absorbs into the mdf and prevents that from happening

and the duplicolor at wally world is exactly what i use unless the customer wants the real stuff which does not require the milkshake mix //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The milkshake thing sound like the ticket i have done bedliner box for a boat and it leaked at the screw holes so i ruled just that out.
thats why i recommended it too many people think bed liner is the end all be all and it is not unless done right then it kix ass lolz

it will chip and flake if it gets hit and leave the mdf exposed i have done it i know the milkshake mix absorbs into the mdf and prevents that from happening
and the duplicolor at wally world is exactly what i use unless the customer wants the real stuff which does not require the milkshake mix //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
what you do you use that is duplicolor the resin?

+1 on milk shake then bed liner. And the stuff at wally world is more like 45 (I should kno I go through it like water) thats what most ppl that I build boxes want it covered in. It is water proof to a extent like said any nick or damage then it's gonna leak. To be 100% sure do what sic said. Also If it we're me I would just get a snap on bed liner if anything. I would wanna hide it all and give the truck a clean look.

The dupli color is the brand of bed liner coating. And they dont carry dupli color anymore. They switched to rustloeum(or how ever it's spelled) well at least the ones here around charlotte have switched. I like it better it is less chunky and just looks better. Although the dupli color covered better and I used less I still prefer rust o

here is the new stuff

boxbuilds2.jpg

boxbuilds1.jpg

Here is the old stuff be kind this was my 1st box done with a skil saw free handed lol

rhinobox2.jpg

kickerbox-1.jpg

kickerbox5.jpg

what you do you use that is duplicolor the resin?
duplicolor is the brand of the bed liner its closer to 40-50 a gallon not 30 but you can thin it 50/50 with acetone for an extra 10$ and double it up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i live in a very small town in louisiana not very many ppl know what a blow through is and i dont like the look of a bed cover.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.