Boston Acoustics does it again!

22mm peak to peak.

That's 11mm one-way.

Impressive, but not mind-boggling as there are quite a few mids that have that much or very close thereto. Heck, the AA Poly mid had 11.5mm Xmax and it sold for $35 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I would also be interested if that was truly linear excursion. From a brief skim of the manual and the webpage I couldn't find anything that stated it was linear.

Sort of how they advertise 3.75" of "peak to peak" excursion on the webpage for the 555, when it realistically only has 22mm one-way linear excursion (Xmax) per the manual.

Anyone have any listening experience with these? Im hoping to find a shop around me tomorrow that have them installed so i can check them out. Wonder how they match the Z6's which they replaced.

Anyways....aside from the excursion, I would be very interested in hearing them.

I really, really liked the Z6. If these are improvement over the Z6...then they ought to sound mighty good.

Commandokid, they JUST put them up on their web site, today. It might be expecting abit much to have a dealer with them in their display board tomorrow! However, you never know. Squeak, I agree with everything you said, but given Boston's reputation, I would love to hear them, myself!! Just one caveat....take a look at that monster of a crossover!!! Where would you mount it?!?!

how would an alluminum tweet sound over a sil tweet. i currently have DLS yellow cone comps. forgot what model it was..but how woudl this set sound over that? cause im getting a new car and debating on my next set of comps!

how would an alluminum tweet sound over a sil tweet. i currently have DLS yellow cone comps. forgot what model it was..but how woudl this set sound over that? cause im getting a new car and debating on my next set of comps!
i generally prefer silk tweets over aluminum, but on my old pro's, the aluminum tweet was actually quite nice

If I do decide to change, I am going wait wait a little while before I do so, rather than a get a good deal from my authorized dealer for 20% off list and then get f-d by the wholesalers on eBay and making my $1000 separates, that I paid 800 for worth, $350-400 a year later.

Heard them at the Boston plant in Peabody ..... They sound really good. Tweeter needs EQ taming .... Mid-bass with that large excursion is almost as good as the mid-bass in the Rainbow Profi .....

Hopefully they sound better than other Boston stuff.(This is probably just asking to get flamed) Had the SX line tried them twice for cheap comps and they ****** both times. Heard couple sets of Pro's they where ok. Never heard the Z's that these replace. Have to wait and see what the price is to see what other brands they will be going up against.

I would guess Rainbow, Focal, MB-which IMO have them bet hands down, unless they have drastically changed something.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.